Friday, February 01, 2008

Wow - Bono is annoying

Listen to this "rock star."

Bono's Remarks at the National Prayer Breakfast:
Please join me in praying that I don't say something we'll all regret.

That was for the FCC.

If you're wondering what I'm doing here, at a prayer breakfast, well, so am I. I'm certainly not here as a man of the cloth, unless that cloth is leather. It's certainly not because I'm a rock star. Which leaves one possible explanation: I'm here because I've got a messianic complex.

Yes, it's true. And for anyone who knows me, it's hardly a revelation.

Well, I'm the first to admit that there's something unnatural… something unseemly… about rock stars mounting the pulpit and preaching at presidents, and then disappearing to their villas in the South of France. Talk about a fish out of water.
It was weird enough when Jesse Helms showed up at a U2 concert… but this is really weird, isn't it?


Look at this empty sack of shit talking to a webcam in Davos. He says absolutely nothing in the most sanctimonious way possible. Nothing.




"Hello, my name is Bono and I'm a rock star....sort of."

While Bono's shtick is grating on the senses, I do think the fat guy chomping on his lunch in the background is a funny counter-point.

No comments: